Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year. TEA continues its work for educators in the classroom, around the campus, and across the district. We are educators, advocating for the amazing educators in TUSD. Here are the few of our most recent accomplishments:
- Salaries increased for the fourth straight year for all employees. These raises total $3900 for Certified and between 4.9% and 6.5% for Classified staff.
- Teachers see more support in classroom discipline through the 30-minute student removal policy.
- Negotiated a full payout of 301 funds for eligible employees that leaves room for appeals and incomplete payments.
- Classified employees: Reduced Letters of Reprimand life down to 18 months; clarified an ESP’s ability to leave work with students the day before a holiday.
- Certified employees: Improved and clarified 6/5ths language; created a timeline for disciplinary action by an administrator to a teacher.
- Exception Education Teacher language clarified.
- Counselors, social workers, and nurses did not lose any salary wages as we transitioned in the 2017-2018 contract.
Over the last 100 years:
- TEA has been the consistent advocates for improved salaries and working conditions
- TEA continues to be on the forefront of fighting for a quality public education system for all Arizona students.
- Grown membership amongst all employees to better represent all of us.
- TEA continues to advocate, protect, and speak out for educators and students.
We are stronger than ever in 2017-18. Hope to see you at an AR meeting, a political event, at a Governing Board Meeting, and/or at a TEA social.
Thank you for your commitment to the Tucson community, to our students, and to the Tucson Education Association.